1. colinssashwindows.co.uk is a registered business at 13 Hyde Road, Caddington, LU1 4HD. Within these terms and conditions Colin Greenslade trading as Colin’s Sash Windows will be referred to as the company. The name on the order confirmation will be referred to as the customer.
2. All orders placed on line are a binding contract between the customer and the company. The customer agrees to the terms and conditions when making payment and the company and customer are bound by these conditions.
3. Cancellation or change to order will not be accepted after the order has been placed. The statuary period of seven days does not apply as all products are bespoke to your order specification.
4. The company does not offer a return policy.
5. The company is not responsible for any errors due to misinterpretation of the website or incorrect product or category choice.
6. Delivery times are Monday to Friday 7.00 am until finished, unless agreed otherwise in writing. You must allow proper access for a Heavy goods vehicle.
7. The unloading of the vehicle is the customer’s responsibility.
8. Delivery is deemed to be at the roadside of the delivery address on the order confirmation.
9. If there are any parking restrictions you must advise us prior to delivery.
10. If a parking permit is required this must be available on the day of the delivery.
11. Any meter or parking fees are to be paid by the customer.
12. If there is no one at the delivery address the delivery will be re-scheduled at the convenience of the company and the customer will be subject to a seventy five pounds plus VAT charge.
13. All health and safety precautions and site risk assessments are the customer’s responsibility.
14. At no time will the company be liable for loss or injury of any kind.
15. All goods when received will be deemed delivered in good order unless stated at the time of delivery.
16. No claims will be entertained after the day of delivery for damaged or missing articles.
17. You must not arrange for the installation of the supplied product on the same or next day after delivery to allow for any shortages to be delivered. Any shortages will be delivered as soon as possible but with no specified time limit.
18. The company is not responsible for any delay to the delivery or installation and any relating financial or consequential loss.
19. At no time is the delivery time the essence of the contract and the company will not accept any claim in relation to a delayed delivery.
20. All quoted delivery times are subject to specfic products ordered and subject to change.
21. The company is not responsible for the installation or instruction of how to install the products supplied. All products supplied are guaranteed as per our guarantee document.
22. All doors have a standard weather rating and should not be fitted in an extremely exposed elevation or when adjacent to coastal areas. Claims against poor weather performance will not be accepted when installed outside the above guidelines.
23. All drawings are viewed from the outside.
24. No liability will be accepted for miss- interpretation of drawings.
25. The customer is responsible for conforming to all current planning and building regulations of the relevant local authority.
26. Any defects in relation to sealed units the company and the customer will be bound by the guidelines laid out by the Glass and Glazing Federation.
27. All toughened low emissivity coated glass units are subject to colour variations and variation in pattern. This may appear sometimes as a misting effect. This is natural and not deemed a fault.
28. All claims against the warranty must be made in writing to the company to ensure claims are recorded correctly no telephone claims will be accepted. You must provide your order number and full address. We do not offer an emergency response and are not responsible for any financial or consequential loss.
29. In the event of a claim against the warranty the customer may be requested to supply digital images to support their claim.
30. All guarantees are for parts only no labour.
31. Site inspections to ascertain any claim against the warranty or third party issue in relation to products supplied will only be undertaken at the pre- paid fee of two hundred and fifty pounds for mainland England and Wales. If the claim against the warranty is valid the cost of the inspection will be fully refunded. The fee is fixed and not relevant to the distance from the company offices or time spent at site. If the company does not accept the claim a written report will be provided and the customer agrees to forfeit the inspection fee without question. This does not affect your statuary rights. Upon inspection the company at no time will carry out any works or labour. At no time do the company offer an emergency service and are not responsible for any financial loss incurred due to the non-availability of a company service engineer.
32. The warranty is not transferable.
33. We shall not be liable to you as a result of a delay or failure to perform our obligations as a result of an Event Outside Our Control. Event Outside Our Control means an event beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving our workforce or any other party), epidemic or pandemic and its effects including quarantine, business closure, personnel sickness or requirement to isolate, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.