Home security should be your a top priority. One can keep their home windows secure from criminals and unwanted entry in many different ways. Only in the United States, there are more than two million burglaries reported in a year. This proves how easy it is for criminals to achieve their purpose. Be sure that before you purchase an expensive security system or something else, you have taken a good detailed look around your house. It is almost impossible to make your home completely secure, but there is some information that could help you to do 99 % of the job. There are some procedures to be followed to prevent from criminals and undesirable entry. You can find varieties of different practices with whom you can advise yourself. If you don’t want to become a victim of robbery take advantage of these helpful tips and security products that we sorted especially for you. Take a look at our list of 5 various methods for securing home windows against unwanted entry from intruders:
1. Keep The Doors and Windows in your Home Locked – Are the window locks working?! If not get them fixed or replace them. According to some studies, about forty percents of criminals will take an illegal entry into an uninhabited residence through an open door or window. Don’t forget to always keep your residential windows and doors locked if no one is home. For sure locked windows will stop ordinary burglars with no special skills. Just don’t leave an easy access to your house. Тhe most preferred time for theft to happen is during the summer when the property is unoccupied. A good alternative is to buy inexpensive window break alarms.
2. Use Bushes and Plants As a Weapon Against Robbers – You can situate bushes and trees outside your windows. This will stop thieves from neutralizing your home’s security. Surrounding your house with bushes and plants will make it a hardly accessible place for intruders. There are countless species of plants, bushes and trees which are good for your security. You could seriously reduce the appearance of burglars, just by planting some bushes and trees around the outside of ground floor windows. Don’t forget that this will also make your residence a natural masterpiece.
3. Get Extra Locks For All Residential Sliding Windows – Locks are the weak point on a door or a window. For better security add some extra locking ironware if you want to prevent illegal access to your home. Don’t even think about putting small metal hinges or weak plastic latches that could be easily crushed or consequently opened. A good tip that can save you a lot of time and secure sliding windows is to keep them locked tight when not at home. Secure the windows with additional interior metal window locks. Sliding window locks are made to clip onto the window and block the tracks where the window slides open in. All this prevent the windows from being opened.
4. Place Motion Sensor Lights Outside Residential Windows – A good tip for securing your home area from intruders is to keep it well lit and covered with sensor lights. They turn on when motion is detected. That will scare off burglars by shining light on their movements because they will be more visible. If that happens and the motion sensor lighting catches an intruder when entering your home, their reaction will be to escape and rather go to a darker area. Such areas can be gardens, pools, yards, etc. It makes a lot of sense why you should install sensor lighting throughout these areas. There will be no chance for a burglar to find hiding spots and this will prevent an intruder of seeking comfort zone in darker places.
5. Put Window Alarms To Monitor Entry – Window sensors are easy to install and are extraordinarily effective. Most window sensors installed today are wireless. A good security system is able to monitor the entry points and look for motion in certain areas. It can also call the authorities if you are not home and the alarm is activated. It can also to monitor for fire and other emergencies when you are away from your residence. We recommend that you install sensors on all windows or at an area that can be accessible to a burglar. On the ground floor use the motion-sensor to fill in coverage in a room with numerous windows. Window alarms detect when a window is opened. They work using magnetic sensors or by catching vibrations in the glass. When the system is triggered it sets off an alarm which will wake and alert everybody if someone is trying to proceed entry. In addition to the alarm triggering during a window break it is also visible by the offenders. This visibility of the alarm should make criminals avoid breaking in, because of the attention they are going to attract. If a criminal spots an alarm in your home, it is possible that he might go elsewhere instead.
Tips from real burglars which you should not ignore:
- 1. Criminals explore neighbourhood before they take action. They know at what time you have left your house.
- 2. Make it difficult for intruders to conceal themselves while breaking in.
- 3. Avoid placing stuff in plain sights, because that’s how you attract attention. If you are keeping nice stuff in your house keep your blinds closed. If you own a luxury car keep it in a garage.
- 4. It is good to have a motion floodlight for when a motion light kicks on, it says: “Hello I see you”.
- 5. Don’t put stickers with your security brand on your doors or windows. That can provide enough information on how to disable it.
- 6. Remember that your purpose is to make your house a less attractive object than the other buildings in your neighbourhood.
- 7. You can take a dog. That can ensure you a lot of noise if something is happening around.
Unfortunately, no one can guarantee your home security 100%. However, if you follow our tips it would be definitely more complicated for an intruder to get into your home. Don’t ignore these steps, or your sacred place will be exposed to a higher risk.